Last week, I muslined up my slash & spread method for an FBA that I shared the pattern for in my previous entry, and I was able to doctor up a few comparison pictures.
I spent a little bit of time over the weekend making adjustments to both of them, and I feel like I’m getting pretty close with the slash/spread. I took in the shoulder seams by about 1/4″ in both front and back, and I widened the base of the waist dart, so now the full area of the muslin matches the full area of me pretty well without all that extra baggy fabric. It’s still generally too tight in the back, and a little too tight at the front waist. I played a little with different seam allowances at the zipper to fix that, but it just made the front get too baggy again. I’m going to try adjusting at the side seams and the zipper. Maybe that will give me a little more breathing room without compromising the shape of the front as much.